Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 6: Look mom I made you something!

After a long day dealing with difficult people it's always a pleasure to come home crank up some music and cook. Hunter usually helps me cook but this time he wanted to make things for me. We had these pipe cleaners and he was making me things. He made the sun, a dinosaur, my hair, the sky and for his little girlfriend at daycare a flower. While he was crumpling up those pipe cleaners and so proudly holding them up for me to admire I thought to myself: this is what's it's all about. This is what all the sleepless nights when they are little, the midnight feedings, the growing pains, the barfathons, tantrums that are thrown in the middle of a store making you leave your cart right in the middle of the isle. You power through the hard parts so that when your kids create or do or say something sweet and amazing your world stops and your heart melts. Everything that was wrong no longer matters and the only important thing is me and him.

No comments:

Post a Comment